Two former students say Minneapolis-based Capella University lied about how much time and money it would take to complete an advanced degree. I didn’t understand how the plan automatically enrolls you in class. And I cannot repay it because I am now a full-time care giver for my mother, out of necessity to her. I am still trying to solve this issue with no help. SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Capella is an online postsecondary education services company. I feel I should have been grandfathered in the program since I was already writing my dissertation and had completed everything else. Finally, someone has put into writing exactly what I have experienced as an Undergraduate student at this university! I enrolled in Organization Management/Leadership how in the world do I end up with a degree in Technology? Capella Education Company is a multi-armed entity that focuses on online degree and non-degree learning, serving tens of thousands of students in all fifty states and fifty-four countries. It has been a year and I am still on milestone 2. Please let me know how I can add my name. [gravityform id="805" title="false" description="false" ajax="true" field_values="l=US"],
My student loan debt is now staggering. This left me in limbo for a few days. A consumer class-action lawsuit was filed against the for-profit college, Capella University. I asked if I could know the reason why I was denied after spending over $100,000 and being so close to finishing. During the winter quarter I complained about my mentor not knowing all of this. We tell you about cash you can claim every week! The lawyer described Arbistar as the largest computer scam in Spain’s history. Call us if you're experiencing problems logging in with a current or changed password. Basically, I am here with debt incurred from attending that institution and no degree!!!! Program. I am currently having the same issue with completing my doctorate in education. |   Legal Notice   |   Contact Us. My dissertation advisors changed often and with each advisor came a new focus or major change to my dissertation. Allow me to explain, After my prior mentor was removed from committee, due to the lack of feedback and revisions , I was awarded a brand new mentor. Yesterday, Capella was trading around $55 a share on the Nasdaq. I was removed from PHD program with two quarters left. All right reserved. When my mother passed away, I RE enrolled and they said I took a long break. I am so sorry you are going trough this nightmare! I too wish to join the class action lawsuit I been misled and lied too about financial aid owed to me. I was initially accused of plagiarism. How do I join in the lawsuit? Three or maybe four additional classes is bad enough but spending money for travel for the residencies and then to retake the exam was excessive. The lawsuit is filed by a lead plaintiff (or lead plaintiffs) on behalf of a larger group (the "class"). I also have had terrible junk debt collectors calling me and harassing me (which is against the law!). I cannot pay the 780.00 extra on top of the Aid I just used. How can I File A class-action lawsuit against my University … How can I file a class-action lawsuit against my University? I immediately contacted my professor and indicated that with this huge loss in my life (he was like a father), I was not going to be able to continue my class. 0:18-cv-01062-WMW-SER, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. I was told that I could earn my degree within 4 to 5 years as long as I work hard. Your email address will not be published. Counselors = marketers. The Professor gave me an F! It’s not fair that they initially said the program would take a certain amount of time, I followed their program and completed all my courses, residencies, comp exam, and submitted my dissertation proposal, and now being denied return to complete the program. Let’s Discuss: Has Amazon Made Whole Foods Better? I feel that the program was a waste of time and my student loans nearly doubled and I leave the school with nothing but a tremendous amount of debt and no dignity because everyone who I reached out to for help was supposed to be following up with me and never did. No reputable doctoral program can be completed in three years, anyway. The Capella University Class Action lawsuit alleges that the school was operating a bait and switch doctoral degree program. Trouble logging in? Placeholders.enable(); I too, have experienced the “All but dissertation” experience with Capella. Masters in Clinical Psychology which did not provide the classes necessary to licensure…..so went on to Doctorale in General Psychology promising career as professor claiming a license is not necessary to work in profession …which is false as the universities require a license as part of description. I have taken very clear notes on every single conversation Ive had with them. Legal Newswire POWERED BY LAW.COM It’s not fair and I should be free of any payments due to an error by them not fully explaining how things worked or by misleading people on how things worked. It has been awful. I recently contacted Capella about obtaining a course for a practicum and internship to wrap up my requirements for my state licensure. Claim forms are usually not made available to consumers until after a court approved settlement is reached. Whenever I made the correction that was requested something else came up. During this time, I have been misguided by my Capella appointed mentor who abruptly quit in the middle of last quarter. How was I to drop it in time when I didn’t know I had it?