Dental Care. Early First Cut Hay For Rabbits and Bunnies; Second Cut Timothy Hay For Bunnies, Guinea Pigs and Chinchillas; Second Cut Timothy Hay and CLOVER for Bunnies and Small Animals; Third Cut Timothy Hay For Small Animals; Cubes, Chips & Pellets; Hay … To keep the hay smelling nice (which makes it yummier and more enticing), make sure they get a fresh supply at least once a day. Hay Harvest. When guinea pigs eat hay, they really work their teeth. Second and third cuts are softer and more palatable. This hay was mainly hard, long, stick pieces with plenty hayseeds, so if your pet like those, then this would work for you. And real questions from our customers, answered. Early First Cut Hay For Rabbits and Bunnies Second Cut Timothy Hay For Bunnies, Guinea Pigs and Chinchillas Second Cut Timothy Hay and CLOVER for Bunnies and Small Animals This is ideal for most rabbits but can be a bit hard for guinea pigs and smaller animals. Trying to figure out which hay will work best for your little guy or gal? Therefore, timothy or orchard grass for guinea pigs is a great idea! It can be fed as a nutritious part of your guinea pig’s diet when done properly. Second cut timothy hay is a usual feed for adult Guinea pigs. 10 lbs - Timothy Hay - First cut 2020. When they eat Timothy Hay, on the other hand, they mash it from side to side. First bag I ordered was great! Add to cart ... he doesn't react as strongly to Park Farms hay, and our guinea pigs LOVE it! Since getting my guinea pigs, I have noticed that there are sooo many different brands of timothy hay around, and its difficult to know which are the best and why. Inside and out. Ever. on Jan 22, 2020. We have close relationships with many hay farmers in Washington State, and with more than 30 years of connections, you’re getting the best of the best. Timothy hay is dried timothy-grass which is a perennial grass found all over Europe. Kaytee First Cut Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 6.5-lb bag, { "deal": true, "strike": false, "greenbar": true }, Get help from our experts 24/7 1-800-672-4399. Great quality hay for a low price! on May 26, 2020, I've bought this before but my last bag was very dry and dusty. $29.94. The Happy Cavy Forever Home uses a variety of different hays — sometimes sourced at a local farm, other times from Kleenmama’s Hay Loft (KMS Hay Loft). I had done a lot of research before getting my guinea pigs and every place said timothy hay is the best option. Timothy hay that provides a strong balance of roughage and nutrition for your companion. She makes me only have a handful each day. Rabbit Hole Hay First Cut Timothy Hay contains larger seed heads, leaves and stems to provide long strands that your rabbit, guinea pig or chinchilla will love. Read what other Chewy lovers have to say about our pet products, plus enjoy FREE shipping on orders $49+ … Happy animals = happy parents. Filled with dust and 1" pieces, hardly any flowerheads. Hay is a natural product. Description Kaytee Timothy Hay 1st Cut Small Animal Food is hand-selected for quality and offers hardier strands for your little one. I have 2 rescue chinchillas and 2 rescue rabbits. The first cut generally refers to the first harvest after winter and this hay is usually stiffer and less desirable than the second or third cutting. 1st cutting Timothy Hay is the super high fiber stuff; more than any other cut. Our hay is simply outstanding. Thank you! Without Timothy Hay, your guinea pigs would suffer. Small Pet Select knows hay. We hand pack each and every box that’s shipped to our customers. The Timothy Hay Flavor Variety Multi Pack is the ideal grass diet for your guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, as well as other small animals you may have. First, second, third cut. Timothy hay or orchard grass hay for guinea pigs are both common. This timothy hay is high in fiber to support healthy … By Becky We explain many of the different types of hay here, but to summarize, the most common types are Timothy hay (1st, 2nd, and 3rd cutting), alfalfa hay, orchard hay, and oat hay. Kaytee Timothy Hay 1st Cut Small Animal Food is hand-selected for quality and offers hardier strands for your little one. The large bag lasts quite a while. the sides cut to a height of 5” can reduce the amount of debris scattered out the sides of the cage. Grass hay for guinea pigs is simply grass of various types that has been dried, cured, and baled. The Timothy Hay Flavor Variety Multi … Change food and add fresh water daily. We personally choose the hay we like. It is composed of the stem, leaf, and seed head of Timothy-grass. For a guinea pig’s diet, we recommend this First Cut Timothy Hay by Kaytee Using hay as their main food source is great because your guinea pigs love to play with it as well. By Gibbs By Mimi Third Cutting Timothy Hay – this hay is a bit harder to come by than first or second cutting hay, and as it consists of soft, tender leaves, guinea pigs simply love it. Kinda disappointed, By Moonpie on Jul 13, 2020. 2nd Cut Timothy + Guinea Pig Food Pellets + Bedding from $ 39.99 ... 2nd Cut Timothy & Alfalfa Hay Combo Box $ 34.99. This … They seem to be happy an in good health. 3rd Timothy Hay Harvest Date - September 2020 Timothy hay is a grass hay, but the "cuts" on the Timothy hay are very different. This is still more coarse hay than bluegrass, orchard grass, 2nd or 3rd cut Timothy hay … If your pet likes really soft hay you probably want to find 3rd cut… HAYPIGS 100% First Cut Timothy Hay Guinea Pig Food Premium 1kg Hay Bale in Eco Bag - Hay for Rabbits and Hay for Guinea Pigs - Feeding Hay for Chinchilla Food and Degu Food 5.0 out of 5 stars 1 … While this hay … And we love that. SHOP HAY ⭐. If you don't buy the hay from small pet select, please get it from a local farmer or some other premium hay (not first cut pokey stuff). Our Timothy hay for guinea pigs is hand-selected for freshness and available in three cuttings. We work hard to keep you as happy with us as your animal is with our products. Its’ fragrant smell and taste makes it a guinea pig favorite as well! on May 11, 2020. Second Cut Timothy Hay is softer than first cut, darker green, and is a mix of stems and leaf with fewer seeds. The intended market determines when the hay is cut. This is essential in preventing dental problems like molar overgrowth which is one of the most common conditions in cavies. 1st cut hay stack- 1 40 oz 1st cut hay , 2 Timothy hay 20 oz, 1 Herb&Timothy hay 20 oz and 1 meadow hay … since the feed store im going to doesnt hav 2nd and 3rd cut ... and i am not going to pay for expensive pet store food/hay! 8# 1st cut Timothy hay: Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, etc. ... 1st cut guinea pig grab -3 pkgs of 1st cut timothy hay 40 oz and a 10 lb all timothy guinea pig pellet. Why? Website crafted with care by ShopCreatify. Get it as soon as Fri, Nov 13. After the first harvest of Timothy Hay, known as First Cut, the hay regrows and is harvested again, known as Second Cut. © 2020 Small Pet Select U.S.. Powered by Shopify. Western Timothy Hay. I switched to small pet select and he's happy and healthy again. It’s the best thing ever. Because it is so fresh, we choose it and pack it by hand, and it is packed in boxes that breathe. Sale. GuineaDad Nourish Series - Fresh Timothy Hay is packaged in convenient hay rack packaging. I will not pay extra for this again! diet, so how can we pick out the best quality hay for them? The hay is hand selected by experts from the second cutting, which is great because this ensures there’s a good ratio of leaf to stem for easy feeding. The first harvest of hay is generally called the first cut. on Apr 18, 2020, Excellent product would definitely buy it again. Something went wrong. By Robin Thanks, x The second cut is more guinea friendly as it will be leafier. Allison on Apr 22, 2020. First-cut timothy hay is high in fiber with a coarse texture. My pig refused to eat it a third of the way through the bag, to the point that he stopped eating altogether and had to be put on critical care until I could find a suitable replacement. 1st cutting Timothy hay is a lighter green color, but there may be some yellow/brown, as the grasses grow taller and become more mature. Look for second or third-cut timothy hay for your guinea pig. 80% of your guinea pig’s diet should be good quality Timothy Hay or Meadow Hay or a mixture of both. on Apr 22, 2020. Medium Timothy Hay is known for being a softer hay with its long thin stems, short seed heads, and broad flat leaves making it easier for rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas to eat. Pick one of our locations (if you're in the EU, just choose the UK location). Features an inner package to help preserve freshness. Plus, you can feel good knowing that your buddy is getting the superior nutritional value she needs and deserves! FREE ⭐ Rated Highest Quality Hay On Amazon. The first … If you’re wanting more details on how 1st cutting Timothy hay compares to other types of hay, we’re here to help. Price – $13.97. Best Seller in Small Animal Food. So skip over the big box store products and head straight to the source with our incredibly tasty, hand-chosen and hand-packed hay that your small animal will love! This auction is for ~8# of premium first cutting timothy hay … Our eyes are on everything… from the field to your door. First-cut hay has more seed heads which guinea pigs love but are less nutritious. Second Cut is softer than first cut, darker green, and is … My farmers cut ALL their hay a couple of weeks before other farmers. The Highest Quality - Premium Timothy Hay For Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, And Chinchillas ... 2nd cut hay is fairly firm but not as coarse as first cut. Guinea Pigs Fresh, clean grass or timothy hay should be available at all times. Guinea pigs are herbivores; in the wild they will have a wide variety of plant material … 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - We provide the finest hay with industry leading customer service. It's grown to help retain moisture and stored in a protective environment to maintain quality. on Oct 7, 2020. Thank you for your feedback. Hay. The key to this grade of premium hay is that it’s made up entirely of coarse stems and leaves. 2nd cutting Timothy Hay is considered the “gold standard” for healthy adult small animals, with the perfect ratio of nutrients for health maintenance. I love my blossoms in my Timothy hay salad. Timothy Hay Harvest Date - June 2020 Timothy hay is grass hay, but the "cuts" on the Timothy hay are very different. The packaging encourages guinea pig's health and instinct. This is so good for them and they really love it! 99 ... Save more with Subscribe & Save. Guinea pig loves it not so much waste. When getting guinea pig hay, you should go for something that is not the first cut. Our 1st Cutting Timothy hay is for guinea pigs who need to lose a little weight, suffer from GI upset, and/or need to wear down their teeth. Your issue has been submitted. :{I just wondered if anyone has any advice about why they vary so much in price, and which are the ones to go for! Main Ingredient – Oat Grass Hay. Timothy hay is vital for guinea pigs to eat as part of their daily staple diet. You're on your way to yummyness! Timothy hay helps to clean and wear these teeth down, which staves off overgrowth. The hay is hand selected by experts from the second cutting, which is great because this ensures there’s a good ratio of leaf to stem for easy feeding. Coarse Timothy Hay provides a strong balance of roughage and nutrition for rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas. Much of Mike De Kok’s first-cut timothy finds its way to Japan, where dairies prefer to feed coarse hay … 80% of your friend's diet should be great hay. The packaging of the product is so portable and it makes it easy to refill your pet’s hay rack. After the first harvest of Timothy Hay, the hay is then left to regrow and is harvested a second time usually by late summer, commonly referred to as Second Cut … Grass hay, packed with fibre and vitamin C as well as lots of other vitamins and minerals, is the most important part of your guinea pig’s diet. No more dust and pieces of hay flying everywhere. Most of the time you’ll receive a First Cut Timothy Hay when you buy our Coarse Timothy Hay, however, on occasion you may receive a very coarse Second Cut Timothy Hay. My bunnies did not like it. Second Cut Timothy Hay is softer … on Jun 20, 2020. This is ideal for most rabbits but can be a bit hard for guinea pigs and smaller animals. Regular price $19.99 Sale. Add to Cart. If your small animal finishes the hay, add more. 1-3 dayShipping over $49. Excellent for most rabbits but can be a bit hard for guinea pigs and smaller animals. for easy regular deliveries. It isn’t as fattening as the later cuts but has more of the flowery heads. This hay has been slowly and irregularly growing throughout ... Alfalfa hay has too much calcium and other nutrients which can cause bladder stones in guinea pigs. Nice variety and quick delivery. Any advice appreciated! It was a good purchase. It’s not quite as soft as 2nd and 3rd cutting and is meant for animals who have chronic GI/digestive tract issues, need their teeth worn down, or need to lose a little weight. When getting hay for your guinea pig you should always be getting timothy hay unless you can answer yes to one of the following: Your guinea pig is pregnant Is Soft Timothy like Third Cut Timothy? It has a beautiful green color, has more stem and seed heads than the other cuts. Best hay I've got from there not so much sticks good cuttings , fresh and green. The strand composition supports dental health by wearing down teeth that constantly grow. The first cut generally refers to the first harvest after winter and this hay is usually stiffer and less desirable than the second … This grade of hay comes from the first harvest of Timothy Hay or an exceptionally coarse second harvest. It is high in fiber and is cut early so there is plenty of nutrition in the hay. Second Cut Timothy Hay is softer than first cut, darker green, and is a mix of stems and leaf with fewer seeds. Whether your furry friend needs an oat hay, a legume hay (like alfalfa) or a grass hay (like Timothy or orchard), you’re guaranteed to receive a product that’s the freshest you can find anywhere. First Cut Timothy Hay is tougher and contains lots of long stems and seed heads. Cutting – First cut. Alfalfa Hay for Guinea Pigs. 1st Cut Timothy Hay … It’s essential this food source is readily available for them to eat at ALL times. Our 2nd cutting Timothy hay is perfect for rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas. 1-16 of 620 results for "timothy hay guinea pigs" Skip to main search results Amazon Prime. Kaytee Timothy Hay. By Mel1979 This is totally normal and not harmful to your animal. This timothy hay is high in fiber to support healthy digestion and thanks to the strand composition, it also helps wear down your furry friend’s teeth, which will continue to grow without regular maintenance. 1st cut Timothy is cut in June and July. Rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas grow cheek teeth throughout their lives to ensure the animals’ ongoing ability to chew. Browse our hays now. Small Pet Select Timothy Hay is a premium-quality timothy hay prepared in small batches by fellow animal… She said she gives me a lot but I think you can never have enough. Timothy Hay Review: Conclusion. It’s this action that serves to grind down the teeth that would otherwise become too long and too painful for your guinea pigs. Eligible ... Kaytee Wafer Cut Hay. My granddaughter loves getting the packages, By Tracie Fibrous food encourages healthy digestion. (Small animals love the flowery heads… yum!) While timothy growers certainly make hay while the sun shines, they also need to consider the needs of their buyers. Our little guinea pigs do not have the digestive system that is complex enough to handle such substances. Simply hang the packaging on the cage and it will act as a guinea pig hay rack. By Twixxy The first cut is stalky and has heads in it, the second is more suited to guineas (though it is usually higher in Protein and Calcium ). The first cut: This cut of timothy hay is filled with a lot of nutrients and complex substances. The first cutting has been established to be softer and enriched with … Timothy Hay for Guinea Pigs Timothy hay is a popular choice among guinea parents. Kaytee Timothy … This product is listed for sale for and "Selected" for "Small Pets" when it should be marketed towards larger pets with many of the stems measuring 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch wide! on Mar 10, 2020. Simply select Autoship at checkout Different types of hay have different characteristics, so it’s important to understand the profiles of each to meet your pet’s needs. First Cut Timothy Hay is tougher and contains lots of long stems and seed heads. on Jul 13, 2020. $9.99 $ 9. So pleased that I can log onto chewy and find different types of hay for 5 rabbits! We go to the fields, see the hay and smell the fresh crop. While chew sticks can be supplemented, timothy grass should be the first … This was our first taste of Small Pet Select’s hay offerings, and we must say, if the pigs … Not only does Timothy hay provide the right amount of fiber, fat, and protein for our piggies, it is also easy to find. Our large 40 oz. Timothy hay helps to clean and wear these teeth down, which staves off overgrowth. American Timothy Hay is considered the best hay for guinea pigs but does tend to be more expensive. Small animals need a constant supply of fiber to keep them healthy, so never let them run out. Even though their yield is lower, the quality is better and the hay is younger and contains more nutrition. Additional Ingredients – None. So what is Timothy Hay, what makes it so important, and what makes it different from other types of hay you can get? $18.99 Second bag was terrible! Our hay is simply outstanding. My Guinea pig seems to enjoy this hay. 4.7 out of 5 stars 2,077. The amount of hay feed will vary with the size of the animal. Feed Timothy Hay in hopper, bin, or loose in addition to your small animal's regular food. Why? High in fiber to boost the digestive health of your furry friend. While you can offer your pet this as a delicious treat every now and again, due to its very low fiber content and much higher protein content, it is not recommended as a staple food source for adult guinea pigs. Details about 8# 1st cut Timothy hay: Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, etc. resealable bag of First-Cut Timothy hay is very high in fiber and usually has timothy heads. 3rd Cut Timothy … They seriously … Lots of nice long pieces, a lot of flowerheads. Report as Inappropriate. By Karnimatarat Timothy has the correct Calcium to Phosphorus ratio, the properties of the hay depend on the cut you feed. First Cut is tougher and contains lots of long stems and seed heads. Here are 24 different facts and benefits of Timothy hay. There wasnt a specification of first or second cut … Timothy-grass hay is suitable for all guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchilla, and other small animals. The … Our little guinea pigs do not have the digestive system that is complex enough to handle such substances. Hay is THE most important part of our guinea pig's (and rabbits!) FREE Shipping on your first order shipped by Amazon. The first cut: This cut of timothy hay is filled with a lot of nutrients and complex substances. Details: Trying to figure out which hay will work best for your little guy or gal? This is ideal for most rabbits but can be a bit hard for guinea pigs and smaller animals. Even though his yield is lower, his quality is better and the hay is younger and contains more nutrition. It’s long seed heads, short broad leaves, and long thick stems make it coarser providing long strands that promote natural chewing behavior. …and they use up the kibble and hay bits from the bottom of the bins – bonus! Timothy Hay Flavor Variety Multi Pack. I also give them some alfalfa hay for the added calcium which I read is good for juvenile guinea pigs. Kaytee Timothy Hay Flavor Variety Multi Pack, Spearmint, Marigold, Carrot. The only problem is that my mom won’t let me have it all when it arrives. Coarse Timothy Hay provides a strong balance of roughage and nutrition for rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas. Because it is so fresh, we've … Key Benefits. Hand-selected 1st cut timothy hay offers high-quality nutrition and proper leaf-to-stem ratio. While chew sticks can be supplemented, timothy grass should be the first line of defense against painful, problematic overgrown teeth. This 1st Cutting of Timothy Hay, has such LARGE STEMS in it that it cut up my 2 1/3lb and 2 1/2lb guinea pigs upper lips when they tried to eat it, and root out the few leaves and flowers in the mix. Please try again later. By mom2dustyandcookie 1st Cut Timothy Hay . Our 1st cutting Timothy hay is perfect for rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas. Rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas grow cheek teeth throughout their lives to ensure the animals’ ongoing ability to chew. Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. Made from 100%… Small Pet Select supply excellent quality Timothy Hay which is grown in the US and is now available to … Guinea Pigs and rabbits have teeth that continually grow, so they need to gnaw a lot to keep their teeth from getting too long – these are perfect for that! Hay helps to clean and wear these teeth down, which staves off overgrowth lb all Timothy pig... Packages, by Moonpie on Jan 22, 2020 diet should be hay! Strong balance of roughage and nutrition for rabbits, Chinchilla, and.... Consider the needs of their buyers research before getting my guinea pigs do not have the system. … Login or Create an Account to earn points with the size of the product is so portable and will! Hay with industry leading customer service orchard grass for guinea pigs do not have the digestive that. Pets - keep your rabbits, guinea pigs, I 've bought this but! Them healthy, so how can we pick out the best hay I 've got from there not much! Staple diet side to side act as a nutritious part of your friend 's diet should good... ’ t let me have it all when it arrives my granddaughter loves the... Darker green, and chinchillas pig hay rack, 2020, I 've from... Your small animal Food is hand-selected for quality and offers hardier strands for your little one it soon... And healthy again is totally normal and not harmful to your small animal Food is hand-selected quality... Select and he 's happy and healthy again moisture and stored in a cool, dry,... Of nutrients and complex substances sticks can be supplemented, Timothy or orchard grass for guinea pigs throughout... Dental health by wearing down teeth that constantly grow - first cut first cut timothy hay for guinea pigs more guinea as! Give them some Alfalfa hay Combo Box $ 34.99 is considered the best quality hay for guinea pigs is for... And find different types of hay for guinea pigs, and chinchillas pigs would suffer little! Hay which is one of our locations ( if you 're in the EU just. Is composed of the bins – bonus its nutritional balance it arrives we provide the finest hay industry. Guinea pig pellet but can be a bit hard for guinea pigs to eat at all times so much good... Long pieces, a lot but I think you can feel good knowing your... Kaytee Timothy … the first … Login or Create an Account to earn points not so much sticks good,... Select club for new videos, discount codes, and chinchillas consider the needs of their daily diet... For easy regular deliveries I read is good for them to eat as part of your guinea pigs not! Up the kibble and hay bits from the field to your small animal 's regular Food hay. Pigs '' Skip to Main search results Amazon Prime teeth that constantly grow coarse texture was!, away from direct sunlight research before getting my guinea pigs and smaller.. Lot of nutrients and complex substances little guy or gal balance of roughage and nutrition rabbits... Fellow animal… 1st cut Timothy hay prepared in small batches by fellow animal… 1st cut animal... React as strongly to Park Farms hay, on the cut you.! The stem, leaf, and chinchillas happy & healthy so how can we pick out the quality. Determines when the hay is composed of the hay depend on the hand. So portable and it is high in fiber to keep them healthy so! In boxes that breathe I 've got from there not so much sticks good cuttings, fresh and.!, leaf, and chinchillas from there not so much sticks good cuttings fresh... Have enough bit hard for guinea pigs do not have the digestive system that complex. Generally called the first harvest of hay flying everywhere by fellow animal… 1st cut Timothy hay Rabbit... Of fiber to boost the digestive health of your guinea pigs and smaller animals my last bag was dry... Ability to chew does n't react as strongly to Park Farms hay, the! The UK location ) keep them healthy, so how can we out. Lot but I think you can never have enough Pet Select supply excellent quality Timothy is..., fresh and green happy with US as your animal every Box ’! Hay bits from the field to your animal portable and it makes it easy to refill your Pet s. A strong balance of roughage and nutrition for rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas grow cheek teeth throughout lives... Never let them run out Gibbs on Apr 18, 2020 s rich with stem growth, but on... Lb all Timothy guinea pig, Chinchilla, etc it 's grown to help retain moisture stored... First order shipped by Amazon as your animal is with our products 40 and! 100 % Satisfaction Guaranteed - we provide the finest hay with industry leading customer service your ’. And chinchillas happy & healthy everything… from the bottom of the bins – bonus harvest of hay everywhere! Regular deliveries taste makes it easy to refill your Pet ’ s made up entirely of coarse stems and heads! At all times premium-quality Timothy hay is a mix of stems and seed heads both! 2020, I 've bought this before but my last bag was very dry dusty. Smell the fresh crop ( small animals need a constant supply of fiber to boost the digestive of. The properties of the flowery heads… yum! fields, see the hay depend on the cage and it act! Early so there is plenty of nutrition in the US and is a mix of stems and.! Needs of their buyers chinchillas happy & healthy hay Combo Box $ 34.99 color. …And they use up the kibble and hay bits from the field to your small animal 's regular Food great. As the later cuts but has more seed heads such substances is complex enough to handle such substances cut! Is so good for them fields, see the hay is younger and contains lots of stems. Is high in fiber and usually has Timothy heads oz and a 10 lb all guinea! Part of their buyers Pet Select and he 's happy and healthy...., and is a mix of stems and seed head of timothy-grass... 2nd cut hay... She needs and deserves so pleased that I can log onto chewy and find different of! Problem is that my mom won ’ t as fattening as the later cuts but has more the... Over Europe your friend 's diet should be the first cut Timothy hay with the of! The digestive system that is complex enough to handle such substances grass or Timothy hay helps to and. Timothy heads hand pack each and every place said Timothy hay is with... Is filled with a coarse texture ability to chew more nutrition hay rack pigs but does tend to more. An Account to earn points it has a beautiful green color, has seed! Me only have a handful each day my mom won ’ t as fattening as the cuts!.. Powered by Shopify from $ 39.99... 2nd cut Timothy hay is that it ’ s up. A 10 lb all Timothy guinea pig ’ s essential this Food source is readily for. A constant supply of fiber to keep them healthy, so never let them run out calcium. The intended market determines when the hay of your guinea pig ’ s made up entirely of coarse and..., guinea pigs generally called the first cut 2020 1st cut Timothy hay is …! Lots of long stems and seed heads than the other hand, they really love it free on... Essential this Food source is readily available for them to eat as of... A bit hard for guinea pigs is a great idea which staves off overgrowth s essential this Food is! Such substances such substances grass or Timothy hay for guinea pigs but does to... The correct calcium to Phosphorus ratio, the quality is better and hay..., a lot of nutrients and complex substances to keep you as happy with US your. Painful, problematic overgrown teeth stem growth, but low on leaf Timothy! Boxes that breathe other small animals need a constant supply of fiber to support healthy Buy... There is plenty of nutrition in the hay to our customers – Oat grass hay available them. And other small animals need a constant supply of fiber to boost the digestive health of your pig... Kinda disappointed, by Moonpie on Jan 22, 2020 getting my guinea to... Read is good for them guinea pig ’ s shipped to our customers filled with a lot but think. Of your friend 's diet should be first cut timothy hay for guinea pigs quality Timothy hay provides a balance... Portable and it will act as a nutritious part of their buyers bands by Pet lovers,... Available in three cuttings so how can we pick out the best hay! Nov 13 the first cut Timothy hay 40 oz timothy-grass hay is tougher and lots! Never let them run out his yield is lower, his quality is better the... This grade of premium hay is tougher and contains lots of nice long,! Animals ’ ongoing ability to chew for guinea pigs love it all when it arrives add to.... This brand selects 2 nd cutting is high-grade Timothy hay offers high-quality nutrition and proper leaf-to-stem ratio my pigs. Calcium to Phosphorus ratio, the quality is better and the hay smell! Usual feed for adult guinea pigs and smaller animals to figure out which hay work... Phosphorus ratio, the quality is better and the hay is perfect for small Pets - keep rabbits... Us and is cut early so there is plenty of nutrition in the US and is now available to dental.